We are looking for a flexible and motivated individual to join our dispatch team. The position is responsible for picking orders and loading vehicles using a counterbalance forklift. Our dispatch cold store runs at 12 degrees.
Duties and responsibilities:
- It is the responsibility of the distribution department to pick all customer orders and then outload these orders to the customer.
- To navigate the company Linkfresh system and use the company mobile scanners.
- To adhere to the correct stock rotation of product when collating customer orders.
- To complete the dispatch process from start to finish.
- Creating customer pallet labels from sales orders
- Ordering transport for the relevant customer order.
- Picking orders safely and accurately. (This will involve lifting heavy trays)
- Scanning collated pallets onto the customer trailer.
- Generating the relevant paperwork for the load dispatched.
- To liaise with the packing department to ascertain product availability.
- To carry out safety checks when taking the controls of a company forklift ensuring you have completed the vehicle checks on the onboard system. (Report any faults that maybe present with the vehicle).
- To carry out all customer stock counts.
The perfect candidate will:
- A team player but should also be able to work alone without supervision if required.
- Be competent in using IT equipment.
- Be able to follow instructions and follow training guidelines.
- Hold a valid counterbalance forklift licence.
- Have the ability to follow procedures and work to strict deadlines with a flexible approach.
- Have good communication and organisation skills.
- Be able to lift heavy trays