We are looking for
Would suit motivated Production Operatives to join our busy dayshift in our packhouse, we have various roles available, packers need to be able to lift 17 Kg weight, dressers needs an eye for details and also electric pallet truck operatives need to have spatial awareness
- Pack onions and other products as guided by your line leaders/ team leaders.
- Ensure all packaging is checked and is not damaged (i.e. split seals, damaged net etc).
- Ensure the packaging trays are not dirty or broken, and that your work area is clean and tidy.
- Monitor the product quality - the defective products should be removed from the line.
- Clipping – ensure that both hand and automatic clippers are operated in a safe manner and any issues are reported immediately.
- Product dressing – if you are unable to dress the product to the required standard, stop the line and inform your Line Leader.
- Ensure that the product that we pack for our customers is packed correctly and of the expected quality.
- Moving product which involves lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling trays/product.
- Follow company policies and procedures and work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Be thorough and have good attention to detail.
- The ability to work well with others and follow instructions.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- To be flexible and open to change situations.
- Good coordination and dexterity.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device.