We are looking for:
A proactive and motivated time served multi skilled engineer with an electrical biased to join our busy engineering department.
- Work closely with the Engineer Supervisor, Packhouse Manager, Team Leaders and Line Leaders to understand, investigate and rectify running issues to ensure that we achieve maximum efficiency from our equipment.
- Provide technical knowledge to solve running issues and take an active role in improvement opportunities from concept to completion.
- Always ensure that machinery is safe to use. If at any time a machine is unsafe it must be closed down until safe.
- Liaise with the Production Manager in carrying out preventative maintenance to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum for both breakdown and prevention.
- Take an active role in promoting Health and Safety within the factory and on the site.
- Ensure that maintenance, servicing, and general duties are carried out in a timely manner and by prioritising jobs.
- Contribute to the development of the Company’s core values
- Perform duties to a high standard and to ensure that quality assurance and improvement processes are implemented successfully across the Company, particularly those relating to own role.
- The post holder will be required to encompass the use of IT as appropriate to his/her level of responsibility.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures, ethical standards and Health and Safety in the Workplace.
- Commit to, and uphold, the Company Environmental Policies.
- Undertake Company training initiatives as appropriate
- Take part in the Company One to One reviews, and commit to actions agreed.
- To carry out other such duties as such may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- Adhere to all health and safety, hygiene and fire regulations and procedures within the Company.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested by your Manager to ensure the overall smooth running of the business.
- Ensure the relevant food legality, safety, quality and authenticity policies, procedures and checks are conducted according to the company requirements.
- A time served multi skilled engineer with electrical bias, with a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment of frequent change.
- Possess good electrical and mechanical fault-finding skills
- Working knowledge of PLC systems.
- Ability to prioritise workload as the working situation develops.
- Has a proactive approach to work as they will need to meet the targets set by the engineering supervisors throughout the shift.
- Ability to work alongside the shift manager and work their maintenance around production and break times.
- Fabrication experience desirable.
- Electrical engineering qualifications essential.