We are looking for
A highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our Goldwood Nightshift team as a Junior Supervisor/QA.
- Provide our customers with products that meet their specification at all times. To communicate, either directly or through a member of the team, with customers on their day to day requirements.
- To inspect the quality of raw material, working processes and finished product against customer specifications, and if required, to explain the specification to members of staff.
- Support and advise production in relation to quality requirements and making sure all the standards are being adhered to
- Work together with the team to implement corrective action to improve the quality of the product to within specification.
- Carry out various audits (GMP, Glass & Hard plastic, Facility, etc.)
- To make sure the product traceability is being followed throughout the process.
- To notify the management team of any quality or processing issues and to explain what the required quality levels should be as laid out in the customer specifications.
- Be aware of all customer complaints or rejections, where relevant communicate to the team and take appropriate action.
- To provide guidance to Machine Ops and line operatives of the level of quality required. Through communication with the Line Leader/Team Leaders it is your responsibility to ensure the required levels of quality are achieved to customers’ specifications.
- Work as a team to ensure that all quality issues in all areas of the site are dealt with efficiently and to the set standards.
- To assess the process to make sure all policies and procedures are being adhered to across all functions. Help promote a continuous improvement / best practice throughout all areas.
- To take the responsibility of the running of the factory in the absence of Supervisor
- To set, in conjunction, with the Factory Supervisor staffing levels to ensure that there is sufficient numbers to fulfil the throughput requirement and achieve customer specifications. To assist in ensuring, on a daily basis, the required staffing level to fulfil the requirement of the business from raw material arrival to finished product dispatch.
- To assist in ensuring all staff are fully trained in all areas of production and health & safety for the areas they will be working and the appropriate conformance records are maintained.
- To communicate and report to the Factory Supervisor & management team on a regular basis, either verbally or written, all matters relating to the factory or production that need to be reported.
- Raw Material Storage – ensure through the Quality Manager quality checks are made finished product for all aspects of quality, temperature and any non-conformances are reported to the Factory Supervisor and management team.
- Personal Hygiene – To help ensure through the Quality Manager, Production Supervisors and QC’s, the Company’s personnel hygiene standards are documented and adopted by all personnel, including contractors and visitors to the factory.
- Process Control – to help ensure through the Quality Manager, quality control checks are carried out to demonstrate that product conforms to customer specifications and legal standards.
- Do spot checks on processing throughout the day to achieve maximum production with minimum waste and costs. Check previous night production and enter hours for shift onto time sheet.
- Traceability – to help ensure through the Quality Manager, the Company has a system with the ability to trace materials from raw material to finished product.
- Start Up – Check the maintenance team have inspected the factory before the day shift commence production and all findings and corrective actions are recorded on the start up check list.
- Ensure all weekly paperwork for sales, raw material usage, agency hours, agency staff requirements and timesheets are completed.
- Liaise with the HR office to sort any payroll discrepancies with agency or Goldwood hours.
- To ensure any visitor entering the work area have followed the correct entry procedure and is suitably dressed for that area, irrespective of their position held within the Company. You have the authority to ask them to leave if they have not complied with the correct procedure.
- Any other tasks as agreed with the Factory Supervisor & management team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role an advantage although full training will be given.
- Quality focused with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have a good understanding of English Literacy and Numeracy.