An opportunity for a time served multi skilled engineer or similar.
- Serve the packhouse and processing unit with graded product of the correct quality whilst running/maintaining the grading facility, staff and associated processes
- Report crop information to the wider business.
- Ownership and accountability to ensure the graders are optimised and ran as efficiently as possible to meet the raw material quality standards of the business.
Main Duties Include:
- Assist the Site Services & Grader Manager in achieving the best possible product quality post grading.
- Actively monitor productivity on the grading line and ensure the line is operating as efficiently as possible.
- Take ownership and be accountable of the product quality by actively undertaking quality control inspections, continually monitor and react to product quality throughout the grading run. Optimise conformance of graded product to the internal quality standards required by the business for supply into the packhouse or processing facility.
- Ensure the calibration of the NIR grader internal cameras, external cameras and weigh cells are regularly undertaken and maintained.
- Perform regular planned preventative and reactive maintenance of the graders when required.
- A time served multi skilled engineer with a proven ability to work in a fast- paced environment of frequent change.
- Ability to prioritise workload as the working situation develops.
- Has a proactive approach to work as they will need to meet targets t ensure minimum downtime.
- Keen eye for detail when conducting checks on machinery and processing paperwork.