We are looking for
We are looking for a motivated General Operative/ Relief QC to join our packhouse nightshift.
- Pack onions and other products as guided by your line leaders/ team leaders.
- Ensure all packaging is checked and is not damaged (i.e. split seals, damaged net etc).
- Ensure the packaging trays are not dirty or broken, and that your work area is clean and tidy.
- Monitor the product quality - defective product should be removed from the line.
- Clipping –ensure that both hand and automatic clippers are operated in a safe manner and any issues are reported immediately.
- Product dressing – if you are unable to dress the product to the required standard, stop the line and inform your Line Leader.
- Ensure that the product that we pack for our customers is packed correctly and of the expected quality.
- Moving product which involves lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling trays/product.
- QC cover, and be available for these duties as and when required by the business.
- Checking of codes /dates/ promotional labels etc., for accuracy, and providing evidence for traceability compliance
- Finished product quality checks: records findings and highlight any discrepancies to QA, re-assess to make sure the product meets specification.
- Visually check packaging print / colour/clarity, take reference photos and appropriate action for any discrepancies identified.
- Communicating effectively on quality issues with other internal departments and ensure action is taken promptly.
- Supporting and advising production in relation to quality requirements.
- Inspecting the quality of finished product against customer specifications, and if required, advise members of staff of the specification requirements.
- Working together with the team to implement corrective action to improve the quality of the product to within specification.
- Carrying out various audits: glass & plastic, document control, procedure and process, GMP.
- Make sure the product traceability is being followed throughout the process.
The successful candidate will:
- Be thorough and have a good attention to detail
- The ability to work as part of team
- Able to work to strict deadlines and follow instructions and be flexible with duties
- Have a good understanding of English, both written and verbal
- Be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
- Ideally have previous QC experience within the food industry
Step up rate payable for all hours worked as a relief QC.
Whilst we anticipate your shift will finish at 18:50 (21:50) and 02:50 you may be required until all of the work required of your shift is complete.