We are looking for
Motivated Production operatives to join our busy dayshift in our Packhouse.
- Pack onions and other products as guided by your line leaders/ team leaders.
- Ensure all packaging is checked and is not damaged (i.e. split seals, damaged net etc).
- Ensure the packaging trays are not dirty or broken, and that your work area is clean and tidy.
- Monitor the product quality - defective product should be removed from the line.
- Clipping –ensure that both hand and automatic clippers are operated in a safe manner and any issues are reported immediately.
- Product dressing – if you are unable to dress the product to the required standard, stop the line and inform your Line Leader.
- Ensure that the product that we pack for our customers is packed correctly and of the expected quality.
- Moving product which involves lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling trays/product.
- Follow company policies and procedures and work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Be thorough and have good attention to detail.
- The ability to work well with others and follow instructions.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Be flexible and open to change situations.
- Good coordination and dexterity.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device.
We anticipate that your shift will generally finish at 15:35 but you may be required until all work required of the shift is complete.