We are looking for
We are looking for a General Operative/ Relief QA to work in our Goldwood Factory.
- Undertake training to blow, trim, peel, bag and pack onions and other product as guided by your Line Manager and as per the Company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Report any issues with machinery, product quality or packaging issues to your Line Manager.
- When packing check the packaging is not damaged.
- If your role involves operating machinery these must be operated as per instruction given.
- Adhere to the rules and procedures for the process room and peeling room as laid down in the Quality Manual and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow all hygiene and dress codes for the factory. Wear the correct protective clothing when entering the different areas of the factory.
- Work in a clean and tidy manner and operate a clean as you go policy.
- Assist management to meet and maintain the requirements of the BRC standard.
- Ensure that the product that we pack for our customers is of the expected quality.
Working with the Food Safety & Quality to support the site teams to ensure that appropriate policies, process checks & controls are maintained across the business to ensure food safety, legality, quality & authenticity standards are always upheld.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Champion food safety, legality, authenticity and quality in all interaction.
- To inspect the quality of raw material, working processes and finished product against customer specifications, and if required, to explain the specification to members of staff.
- Providing support to a proactive and dynamic QC & QA function across the business to provide the appropriate resource tailored to daily business need.
- Support the food safety& quality manager to ensure a set of clear, concise policies, procedures and SOP’s to provide the QC & QA functions with the appropriate guidance and support are maintained.
- Ensure that the company required product and process testing (shelf life, swab testing, product sampling & testing) schedules are reviewed, maintained and actioned at the required frequency.
- Ensuring any product or process test fails are thoroughly investigated with robust root cause investigation and corrective actions.
- Provide QA cover as required across the shifts in the case of absence or holiday.
- Conduct process and hygiene inspections and checks across the site to ensure that the company policies, procedures and standards are being maintained
- Previous QA experience desirable, preferably within the food industry.
- Attention to detail.
- Good understanding of English, written and oral.
- The ability to work as part of team.
- Able to work to strict deadlines and follow instructions and be flexible with duties
- Be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device.