This role covers various functions in order to fulfil orders as per customer specifications and standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to quickly assess product as it passes over the line and remove any that obviously does not meet the requested standard.
- When moving around the factory, please clean up any debris you may see.
- Cleaning -between, during and after production runs, always ensuring that you are following clean as you go procedures.
- If requested, setting up the grading line may be necessary…this may involve operating the machinery (i.e. installing screens and topper beds) machinery must be operated as per the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Can involve lifting heavy weights up to 25kg (assistance can be given).
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to use bar-code scanner to scan product into and out of lines (as and when required).
- Possibility of career progression for the right candidate.
Relief Forklift Driver
- Operating a forklift truck, inside production buildings, stores and in the yard within varying temperatures, throughout the duration of the shift.
- Working in a safe and competent manner around the site.
- Working as part of a busy team, transporting goods in a safe and timely manner around the site to the relevant department areas.
- Ensuring order schedules and customer requirements are met in a timely and safe manner.
- Carrying out other service duties to ensure operations teams have the right products and quantities of materials.
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- The ability to work well with others.
- Have experience of working in fast paced, busy environments, e.g. manufacturing, logistics/distribution.
- Able to work to strict deadlines and follow instructions.
- To be flexible and open to change.
- Physical skills like movement, coordination and dexterity.
- The ability to work well with your hands.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device.
- A current forklift licence is essential.
- Experience of operating a 2-3 tonne forklift truck in busy working environments, around other people and other transport vehicles.
- Experience of manually loading/unloading from pallets where necessary.
Step up rate of £10.59 per hour as a relief forklift driver.
We anticipate your shift will finish at 02:30 but you may be required until all of the work required of your shift is complete.