We are looking for an experienced forklift driver to join our grader day shift.
Transport goods in a safe and timely manner to ensure schedules, customer requirements and health and safety rules are adhered to whilst maintaining high quality standards.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure all procedures relating to the safe operation of forklift trucks are strictly adhered to
- Forklift truck operators must commence work at least 15 minutes before the stated shift start time to ensure the lines are fully operational for the team
- You may be required to stay at the end of your shift to ensure your area is tidy and any relevant paperwork is fully completed
- This role requires a flexible approach to hours and working overtime as the business demands
- Ensure your immediate work area is kept clean, tidy, and safe
- Ensure all paperwork is kept up to date and is completed fully and accurately i.e.: forklift check sheet, loading plans, rejects and hopper sheet
- Ensure forklift maintenance is carried out i.e. cleaning the forklift, water, oil, diesel, and tyre pressure
- Any problems with your forklift must be reported immediately
- Bins, pallets, and trays must be stacked neatly, in the correct place and to the correct height
- You must always operate your truck in a safe manner, checking loads are secure and being aware of people and avoiding damage to buildings and machinery
- All accidents etc. must be reported to your immediate supervisor as soon as possible after the incident occurs
- Regularly sitting on a forklift for long periods of time.
- Frequently lift up to 25 kilos and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching and/or stretching during the duration of a shift
- Correct mounting and dismounting of forklift –stepping up, stepping down
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Willingness to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
- Current forklift license- essential.
- 7 Tonne forklift/Teleporter license- desirable.