We are looking for
A motivated, enthusiastic individual to lead our dispatch team, ensuring orders are collated safely and efficiently and loaded to external hauliers in a timely manner.
The Position will
- Ensure the Dispatch team picks all customer orders correctly, in a timely fashion, ready to be out loaded to the customer. Navigating the company Linkfresh system and using company hand scanners and overseeing the management of all the dispatch equipment.
- Ensure the correct stock rotation of product for collating customer orders and liaising with the packing department to ascertain product availability and co-ordinating regular customer stock counts within the team.
- Ensure regular forklift safety checks are conducted following company protocols and are well maintained, and that orders are collated in a safe, accurate and tidy manner.
- Liaise with hauliers to both order transport and confirm collections and deliveries into the business and investigate any shortages with customers and/or suppliers.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is correct and produced in a timely manner.
- Monitor and review the teams’ working hours to ensure seamless cover without unnecessary costs and ensuring the dispatch team are fully trained and records fully maintained.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure customer orders are collated in an efficient and safe manner with 100% product pick achieved. Making sure that the collators are checking hand scanners to highlight any problems during the process.
- Maintain computer work related to sales, production and stock records.
- All administration aspects of the distribution process are completed e.g. dispatched tray counts, pallets quantities etc.
- Motivating and encouraging colleagues in a positive manner.
- Ensure that all colleagues are carrying out their designated roles and tasks safely, competently and efficiently following all policies and procedures.
- Communicate to customers and hauliers regarding collection requirements needed for the dispatch process, for any given day.
- Maintain good communication channels between the distribution department and all other departments on site
- Good communication to all members of the team, with daily briefings carried out with all relevant information given to the team before commencement of the shift.
- Ensure the loading of all external haulier trailers is carried out in an efficient manner with all aspects of health and safety adhered to.
- Ensure any visitor entering the work area has followed the correct entry procedure and is suitably dressed for that area irrespective of their position within the Company. You have the authority to ask them to leave the area if they have not complied with the procedure.
- Highlight any additional training required by the collating team, and organise the training that is required, scheduling it and confirming a completion date.
- Be company focused and be ready to help other areas of the site if required, (this may entail sending members of the team to help out other departments in times when they are in need through unforeseen circumstances, while making sure the dispatch process continues to run efficiently).
- To monitor the team to ascertain that customer stock is rotated and that accurate stock counts are completed, and any anomalies highlighted.
- Completion of the Dispatch job list and emailing it to the Dispatch and/or Packhouse Manager.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested by your Manager to ensure the overall smooth running of the business.
The successful candidate will have
- Previous experience in a fast paced logistics/dispatch environment.
- Proven experience of leading a team.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Computer literate with strong organisational skills and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and actively plan operational and/or process improvements.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment.
- Strong communication skills and able to build relationships with suppliers and customers in a professional manner at all times.
- A valid counterbalance forklift licence.
- Due to the nature of the role a flexible attitude towards time management is vital.