We are looking for
A motivated individual to oversee the management of the dispatch function, the dispatch team and offering cover for the customer asset controller.
The Position will
- Ensure the Dispatch team picks all customer orders correctly, in a timely fashion, ready to be out loaded to the customer. Navigating the company Linkfresh system and using company hand scanners and overseeing the management of all the dispatch equipment.
- Ensure the correct stock rotation of product for collating customer orders and liaising with the packing department to ascertain product availability and co-ordinating regular customer stock counts within the team.
- Ensure regular forklift safety checks are conducted following company protocols and are well maintained, and that orders are collated in a safe, accurate and tidy manner.
- Liaise with hauliers to both order transport and confirm collections and deliveries into the business and investigate any shortages with customers and/or suppliers.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is correct and produced in a timely manner.
- Monitor and review the teams’ working hours to ensure seamless cover without unnecessary costs and ensuring the dispatch team are fully trained and records fully maintained.
Cover for the Customer Asset Controller
- Liaise with the production planner to ascertain production requirements for the day/week for all customer pallets, trays and equipment. Alert of any stock shortfalls and check promotional calendars to proactively plan for extra packing equipment needs.
- Put all tray orders, into the tray companies in good time and dehire trays and pallets dispatched, daily to keep balances correct and liaise with all tray companies to make sure all requirements for the business are fulfilled.
- Send forecasts for all equipment to the tray or pallet companies to confirm quantities required on a weekly basis are not cut back.
- Carry out customer tray and pallet stock counts regularly to confirm stock amounts match to tray company portals and actual physical stock held.
- Keep tray, pallet and equipment spreadsheets updated daily so our accounts team have quantities and delivery information to cross reference against when being invoiced.
- Proven experience of leading a Dispatch function and managing a team.
- Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous.
- Proven experience of leading a team.
- Effective communicator and influencing skills.
- Computer literate with strong organisational skills and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and actively plan operational and/or process improvements.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment.
- Strong communication skills and able to build relationships with suppliers and customers in a professional manner at all times.
- Forklift licence advantageous but training can be provided.
- Due to the nature of the role a flexible attitude towards time management is vital.