We are looking for two motivated, dedicated, and willing apprentice engineers to join our busy engineering department. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be provided with mentorship and guidance alongside the apprenticeship program. This is a great opportunity to work and learn!
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Engineers, Team Leaders and Line Leaders to understand, investigate, and rectify running issues to ensure that we achieve maximum efficiency from our equipment.
- You will follow a development plan, working across three departments, each with different types of machinery that have different engineering requirements.
- Assist in carrying out preventative maintenance, to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum for both breakdowns and maintenance.
- Take an active role in promoting and adhering to Health and Safety within the factory and on the site. You will always ensure that machinery is safe to use for yourself and others, with the guidance from your supervisor.
- Perform duties to a high standard and to ensure that quality assurance and improvement processes are implemented successfully across the Company, particularly those relating to your role.
- Ensure the relevant food legality, safety, quality and authenticity policies, procedures and checks are conducted according to the company requirements.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures, ethical standards and Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested by your Manager to ensure the overall smooth running of the business.
- Demonstrate that you have a keen interest in engineering and a desire to learn new skills and gain experience.
- Committed not only to the job but also to completing the apprenticeship program.
- Good teamwork skills, to ensure optimum efficiency
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and instructions and work to deadlines, with a methodical approach.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Be comfortable using machinery and computerised systems.
- The work may require a degree of physical/manual dexterity and strength.
- You must be motivated, driven and enthusiastic, whilst maintaining focus and concentration when carrying out your duties.
- Live within a commutable distance of Moulton, Spalding and be able to get to and from work independently.
- GCSE Grade 5 Maths, Grade 6 English (or equivalent)
- You will commit to a 42-month apprentice scheme-Level 3 Engineering Fitter, as part of the role. (click on link for further details Engineeringfitter / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education)
- 20% of your work time will be allocated to complete the requirements of the apprenticeship, delivered on a weekly basis via a highly experienced delivery tutor.
- Each week they will be assigned tasks to show competence within the role.
- This will contribute to the end point assessment requirements for the Engineering fitter position.
- Support given for offsite/on-site training to fulfil the requirements of the Apprenticeship scheme.
By the end of the apprenticeship, you will have achieved: Level 3 Engineering Fitter
We may close the vacancy earlier than the advertised date depending on the number of applicants.