We are looking for
A flexible and motivated individual to join our collating team. The Collator is responsible for collating orders, loading vehicles using a counter balance forklift, completing accurate stock checks and completing all relevant paperwork accurately and efficiently whilst adhering to timescales, company policies, rules and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities:
· It is the responsibility of the distribution department to pick all customer orders and then outload these orders to the customer.
· To navigate the company Linkfresh system and use the company hand scanners.
· To adhere to the correct stock rotation of product when collating customer orders.
· To complete the dispatch process from start to finish:
1. Creating Customer pallet graphics from customer sales orders.
2. Ordering transport for the relevant customer order.
3. Picking orders safely and accurately.(This will involve lifting heavy trays)
4. Building trips on the Linkfresh system for out loading purposes.
5. Scanning collated pallets onto the customer trailer.
6. Generating the relevant paperwork for the load dispatched.
· To liaise with the packing department to ascertain product availability.
· To carry out safety checks when taking the controls of a company forklift ensuring you have completed the vehicle checks on the onboard system. (Report any faults that maybe present with the vehicle).
· To carry out all customer stock counts.
· To communicate to the hauliers of what transport requirements are required to dispatch the daily customer orders.
· Ensure all in place procedures and company policies are always adhered to e.g. out loading temperature checks and cold store temperature checks.
· Perform duties to a high standard and to ensure that quality assurance and improvement processes are implemented successfully across the Company, particularly those relating to own role.
· Comply with all Company policies and procedures, ethical standards and Health and Safety in the Workplace and commit to, and uphold, the Company Environmental Policies.
· Ensure the relevant food legality, safety, quality and authenticity policies, procedures and checks are conducted according to the company requirements.
· To carry out other such duties as such may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
· Adhere to all health and safety, hygiene and fire regulations and procedures within the Company.
· To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested by your Manager to ensure the overall smooth running of the business.
The Person will have:
We may close this vacancy prior to the advertised close date depending on the number of applicants.